Why Train On Small Ice
Our specialized rink size leads to more puck touches, skating reps, stickhandling/ shooting reps, and creativity/ scoring opportunities all at a higher game speed. Our unique formula creates the Midwest’s best skill development tool for players of all ages/genders. From association hockey to high school, collegiate, and pro careers, it has been proven that the Ice Barn 3-on-3 hockey method will help develop your son or daughter’s skill set dramatically quicker than on a regulation-sized rink.
- Beginning players never feel like they’re out of the play, and thus will be engaged in the play at all times.
- Players will handle the puck more, which is a competitive small rink environment that is going to expedite the development of their stickhandling/ shooting skills.
- Players will quickly develop better hockey sense and their overall skills and fundamentals due to the high tempo, and
- up-and-down game style that forces players to work on all skill sets each shift.
- Players will develop their overall skating fundamentals such as quickness, turns, stops, and any other transitional movements due to the higher-paced play on the smaller ice surfaces and condensed play.
- Players will develop faster read and react skills with and without the puck. The game is faster, which forces you to learn to ‘think fast and play fast.
- Players will learn how to think ahead and get away from traffic on a small window of ice.
- Goalies will face increased amounts of shots from all areas. With the abundance of scoring chances the 3-on-3 game creates, the goalies typically face 60-70 shots per game.
- Ice Barn-Indy has the only state-of-the-art small sheet rink in the Indianapolis metro area. Perfect for 3 on 3, fast-paced action and focus on skill development.
- The high school, collegiate, and professional styles of hockey are transitioning more to a speed and skill-based game. Ice Barn 3 on 3 will help your child develop the skill set that will help them attain their hockey goals, no matter how lofty.